Research is a pillar of our mission in the Department of Health Services Administration and Policy. The research emphases of our faculty include:
- Development of health policies affecting areas such as tobacco use, mental health, substance abuse, violence, and obesity
- Community health, prevention, and emergency preparedness
- Disparities, access to care, and social determinants of health
- Global healthcare management and leadership
- Impacts of health information technologies
- Patient experience/quality of care, population health, and healthcare costs and financing
The department is also affiliated with Temple's Public Health Law Research Program and the Fox Chase Cancer Center Cancer and Control Program.