The Department of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences is committed to research and scholarship activities. Such experiences benefit students' clinical practice and often influence students' interest in pursuing research as an academic career. The department has a number of research labs that provide competitive, voluntary research experience beyond course work.
In addition, the department is home to a number of clinical spaces:
- A state-of-the-art athletic training clinical education lab that contains ceiling-mounted live cameras that enhance clinical instruction, expanded modalities that include electrical stimulation, a hot/cold tub, and ultrasound, simulating the kinds of facilities graduates will encounter in the field.
- A new Activities of Daily Living (ADL) Suite with assistive technology tools, accessible showers and commodes, and other equipment
- Anatomy Laboratory where cadaver dissection is paired with classroom instruction.
- Clinical Simulation Laboratory with hardwired mannequins that allow students to practice physiological monitoring.
- Health Sciences Library located in the Medical Education and Research Building