Nursing faculty conduct research aligned with the department’s mission to promote health among individuals and populations, and advance health equity and quality of life for all. Faculty research is conducted in partnership with various communities, applying diverse methods and focusing on a range of health issues and populations.
Specific areas of expertise include
- childhood adversity;
- disease prevention;
- diversity, equity, and inclusion in nursing;
- health inequities;
- sexual and reproductive health;
- social determinants of health;
- trauma and violence; and
- women’s health.
Methodological strengths include
- community-based participatory research;
- geospatial approaches;
- instrument development;
- intervention development and evaluation;
- large dataset analysis;
- multi-level research;
- program and policy evaluation; and
- visual and narrative qualitative approaches.