Interested in getting involved? Join one of the College of Public Health's many student organizations, listed below and organized by area of study.
Bilingual and Multicultural Speech-Language Club
President: Lisa Khmil - firstname.lastname@example.org
Faculty Advisor: Jonathan Hartmann
Language and Linguistics Club
This club meets twice monthly to discuss a variety of topics related to linguistics and future opportunities for students of linguistics. Guest speakers from Temple and the greater Philadelphia area are regularly invited to present their research or to discuss their experiences. Activities include:
- Movie screenings
- Talks presented by invited speakers
- Trips to area conferences
- Panels on topics related to career opportunities and graduate school
Faculty Advisor: Jodi Reich
NSSLHA (National Student Speech-Language-Hearing Association)
NSSLHA is the student branch of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA) and has both a national chapter and local chapters. Members of Temple’s chapter are graduate and undergraduate students looking to pursue a career in speech-language pathology, linguistics or audiology. Activities include:
- Information sessions on applying to graduate school, job opportunities, ASHA, etc.
- Social activities including guest speakers and group dinners
- Community service such as 5k runs and walks, sending letters to veterans, preparing meals for the homebound and more
Student Leader: Hailey Child - email@example.com
Faculty Advisor: Beth Levine
Sisters in Speech Therapy (SISTAs)
Student Leader: Yasmeen Twahir - firstname.lastname@example.org
Epidemiology and Biostatistics Student Association (EBSA)
In EBSA, graduate students help guide the direction of the department, gain academic and professional supports, and build community in the department.
Faculty Advisor: Brandie DePaoli Taylor
Public Health Without Borders
Students work to educated residents of partner communities on basic health behaviors to improve health and reduce preventable illnesses and injuries.
Faculty Advisor: Graciela Jascheck
OATS: Owls Athletic Training Society
The purpose of this organization is to promote the profession of athletic training through means such as team building, community service and programs.
Leadership election to be held in September/October
OWL ExSPRCS: Owl Exercise and Sport Psychology Research & Consultation Society
Owl Exercise and Sport Psychology Research & Consultation Society is a student organization run by graduate students in the psychology of human movement program. Our mission is to provide graduate students with the social support, encouragement, structured discussion and collaboration to make the most of their research, coursework and professional experiences while at Temple University.
Club activities include opportunities for discussing field research (Research Journal Club), applied sport psychology events, speaker events, our yearly Northeast Atlantic Sport Psychology Conference as well as other networking and mentoring programs between professionals and students.
Leader: Ksenia Berestetska - email@example.com
Advisor: Michael Sachs
Student Nurses' Association of Pennsylvania (SNAP)
The Temple chapter of SNAP is the official professional organization for nursing students. All students are encouraged to join and have the opportunity to engage in community service activities throughout the year, as well as to participate in local, state and national meetings to gain information about career opportunities and professional growth.
Student Leader: Aaron Wasser - firstname.lastname@example.org
Pre-Physical Therapy Club
President: Amanda Irwin - email@example.com
Advisor: Wendy Cheesman
Doctor of Physical Therapy Student Association (DPTSA)
DPTSA is a student group consisting of all three years of the graduate students in Doctor of Physical Therapy program. The organization consists of student leadership along with various committees that engage in local and national initiatives to support the mission of the department and the profession.
North Broad Physical Therapy Center (NBPTC)
- Clinic Coordinator: Alexandra Ashcraft - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Client Advocate Coordinator: Rachel Beal - email@example.com
- Operations Coordinator: Tom Jenkins - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Marketing/Communications: Julia Shinkle - email@example.com
- Outcomes Coordinator: Keith Walsh - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Student Relations: Michelle Grinberg - email@example.com
- Clinical Mentors Coordinator: Emma Steirer - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Funds Coordinator: Kevin Kruth - email@example.com
- Community Relations Coordinator: Hanna Sjoholm - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Regional Consortium Coordinator: Hannah Matthew - email@example.com
- Clinic Coordinator: Imani Coles - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Client Advocate Coordinator: Almudena Hidalgo Baeza - email@example.com
- Operations Coordinator: Angel Rose Smith - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Marketing/Communications: Jill Thaker - email@example.com
- Outcomes Coordinator: Colin Stone - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Student Relations: Julia Giaimo - email@example.com
- Clinical Mentors Coordinator: Ebenezer Riverson - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Funds Coordinator: Allison McCracken - Allison.email@example.com
- Community Relations Coordinator: Jada Nicole Goodson - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Regional Consortium Coordinator: Juhi Kampani - email@example.com
Eta Sigma Gamma
The mission of Eta Sigma Gamma is promotion of public health by elevating the standards, ideals, competence and ethics of professionally prepared men and women in health education. The Temple University chapter does this by working as a team to provide our members with better opportunities. Our goals are to support public health initiatives, engage in research, promote professional ethics and networking, and provide health education about health risk.
- Quinn McHugh - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Adelina Ferko - email@example.com
- Mckenzie Morrissey - firstname.lastname@example.org
Faculty Advisor: Michelle Scarpulla
Graduate Student Council for Public Health-related Programs
This organization represents and advocates for the interests of graduate students at Temple University who are enrolled in public health-related programs, provides a forum for open discussion of matters affecting this community and provides financial and organizational support for social and service learning events within the community.
- Cynthia Roman-Cabrera - email@example.com
- Elizabeth Chagnon - firstname.lastname@example.org
Public Health Without Borders
Public Health Without Borders (PHWB), Temple University Chapter, is a student-led organization that creates health interventions on a global scale by partnering with communities and other organizations to improve health. Our mission is to educate the residents of our partner communities on basic health behaviors. We will be educating women, men, and children about topics to improve health and reduce preventable illnesses and injuries. In addition, PHWB prides themselves on giving students a hands-on-experience, enhancing students' professional development, and connecting aspiring public health professionals together.
President: Nicole Holland - email@example.com
Connect with PHWB on Instagram and Twitter at @temple_phw. Email PHWB at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rec 4 Life Recreational Therapy Association of Temple University strives to broaden the experiential knowledge base of members by providing professional development opportunities and drawing connections with academic foundations while highlighting current events in recreational therapy. Members who join Rec 4 Life Association will have the opportunity to do this by attending conferences with other members, students, and faculty at Temple, listening to guest speakers at meetings, by taking advantage of volunteer opportunities set up for Rec 4 Life members, or by attending social events for members.
President: Theresa DelRossi - email@example.com
Vice President: Alexis Long - firstname.lastname@example.org
Secretary: Nancy Tran - email@example.com
Communications Chair: Sarah Suslark - firstname.lastname@example.org
Special Events Chair: Meg Pickerell - email@example.com
STARS Coordinator: Kristina Levine - firstname.lastname@example.org