Powering the future of public health.
Temple’s Online Master of Public Health (MPH) in Social and Behavioral Sciences addresses the behavioral, social and cultural factors that relate to individual and population health. It focuses on developing, implementing and evaluating public health programs, often in collaboration with communities.
Our skills-based curriculum lets you match your interests in areas such as health communication, nutrition and obesity, chronic disease prevention and control, substance use, and more.
With Temple’s MPH in Social and Behavioral Sciences, you’ll be equipped to understand and address the needs of vulnerable and underserved populations through education, research and service. We prepare students for practice-oriented careers as community health educators, counselors, practitioners, policymakers, researchers and more, or for further graduate and professional training.
Why an Online MPH?
Temple’s online MPH in Social and Behavioral Sciences is built for working professionals who want the same high-quality education that Temple offers in its in-person program.
- Perfect for students returning to the classroom while balancing work and family
- Classes taught by the same expert faculty as in our on-campus classes
- Low student-to-faculty ratio gives you personalized instruction and advising
- Our strong community ties bring real-world issues and agencies into the virtual classroom
- Online students have access to Temple’s libraries, writing center, career center, and other resources to help you hit the ground running
- Option to complete dual MSW-MPH degree online
What will my Temple MPH do for me?
Graduates of our MPH in Social and Behavioral Sciences are leaders in private, public, nonprofit and governmental agencies. Some students choose to pursue further education in medicine or research. Others deploy the strong skills they’ve developed in our program as research specialists, data analysts, program managers and more. Here’s how our 2014 - 2016 graduates are employed:
Online MPH Program Structure
The online MPH program is a total of 45 credits completed part-time in three years. The program gives you the flexibility you need, thanks to our accelerated six-week course format and three-part learning structure:
- Live streaming course delivery that links students to Temple’s premier faculty and researchers
- Asynchronous online learning that allows for a flexible schedule
- A local fieldwork experience driven by student interests and ambitions, and guided and supervised by Temple’s expert faculty.
Tuition is calculated on a per-credit basis. For more information about tuition, please visit the Temple University Bursar’s Office website.
Temple University is able to offer this online program through its participation in SARA. Please contact our online program coordinator with questions or concerns related to out-of-state enrollment or field placement.