Master of Public Health (MPH)
College of Public Health MPH graduates go on to lead organizations, create policy, organize communities or continue as scientists to solve healthcare issues.
In the 45-credit MPH program, students can choose from one of five programs or enroll in one of seven dual-degree programs. Students can attend full-time, part-time, or online. The MPH program provides a credential that indicates competency in social, environmental, and behavioral aspects of health, the analytic sciences of epidemiology and biostatistics, and principles of health policy management, including program planning, evidence-based practice, and evaluation.
175+ community partners
Fieldwork is among the most crucial components of the MPH curriculum. Fieldwork placements are designed to be practical experiences that provide students with an opportunity to apply the concepts, techniques, and theories learned in the classroom to real life experiences working in the field. MPH students have options among the 175+ community partners in Philadelphia and the surrounding counties that work with the College of Public Health.
12 options for study
MPH students can choose one of five programs or enroll in one of seven dual degree programs.
- MPH in Applied Biostatistics
- MPH in Environmental Health
- MPH in Epidemiology
- MPH in Health Policy and Management (in person or online)
- MPH in Social and Behavioral Science (in person or online)
The public health perspective is increasingly relevant to clinical fields, where population-based research and health behavior models assist in the application of preventive health services. Clinically trained professionals are discovering that the MPH degree opens new career options and enhances their mobility within their chosen fields. Dual degrees are available in collaboration with the following schools:
- Temple School of Medicine (MD-MPH)
- Temple School of Podiatric Medicine (DPM-MPH)
- Temple School of Social Work (MSW-MPH)
- Temple Kornberg School of Dentistry (DMD-MPH)
- Temple Beasley School of Law (JD-MPH)
- Temple College of Liberal Arts (MPP-MPH)
- Temple Fox School of Business (MHA-MPH)
More information on the specific dual degree programs can be found here.