Providing Biostatistical Support to Improve Health
The Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics operates the Biostatistics Core, which offers comprehensive biostatistical consultation and computational services to faculty, staff, and students in the College of Public Health and throughout Temple University as well as faculty and researchers in other institutions, agencies, and companies.
What We Do
Biostatistics Core members are available for discussion at all stages of research and provide:
- Analytic expertise and effort on collaborative research;
- Grant/contract preparation (including, but not limited to, power and sample size estimations, analytic plans to address specific aims and research questions);
- Data management;
- Data analysis and participation in publications; and
- Providing statistical review of scholarly products/activities.
The expertise of Biostatistics Core faculty includes the following:
- Observational data analysis
- Randomized clinical trials
- Longitudinal analysis
- Survival analysis
- Experimental data analysis – both group and individually randomized
- Quasi-experimental data analysis – including pragmatic trials
- Weighted/probabilistically sampled data analysis
- Hierarchical/nested/clustered data analysis
- Semiparametric modeling
- Measurement development and testing
- Latent variable and structural equation modeling
- Mixture models
- Causal inference
- Mediation and moderation modeling
- Innovative research design and analysis
Funding for collaborative research projects is received by the Center primarily through three mechanisms:
- Direct support for faculty named on grants or contracts with NIH, other agencies, foundations, and industry who are included as Key Personnel/Co-Investigator;
- Direct support for faculty and staff providing services funded on start-up funds or department funds; and
- Fee-for-service billing for under-funded and unfunded internal projects and/or outside agreements.
To request services and have a Biostatistics Core member contact you, please complete our request form.