Dr. Huanmei Wu received her PhD in Computer Science with a focus on database management from Northeastern University (Boston, MA). Before joining Temple, she had been the Chair of the Department of BioHealth Informatics at Indiana University School of Informatics and Computing - Indianapolis. Dr. Wu's background has served her well in multidisciplinary research, leading to projects that explore the roles and applications of data management, knowledge discovery, and predictive analytics to medical and life science research. Her work features partnerships among academia, community health centers, research institutes, industrial partners, and various communities.
Dr. Wu's research covers scientific database design and utilization, big data analytics, health informatics, bioinformatics, and precision medicine. Sample projects include but are not limited to:
- Improving patient access to health care using health informatics and simulation modeling in the setting of community health centers;
- Discovering biomarkers for early detection of Type-1 Diabetes (T1D) multi-omics predictive analysis;
- Advancing cancer radiotherapy with accurate radiation dose delivery using image-guidance and with reduced toxicities using integrative biomarker prediction; and
- Enhancing drug discovery for Alzheimer's disease (AD): through creating an integrative knowledge base for heterogeneous health, medical, chemical and biological, and druggable information for AD research.
- PhD, Computer and Information Science, Northeastern University
- BS, Chemistry, Tsinghua University