The CPHAA Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Committee's Health Equity and Social Justice Spring Speaker Series presents Substance Use Disease and Inequalities in Treatment.
In this session, we will examine the social and structural determinants of substance use and overdose prevention. Panelists include representatives from Prevention Point Philadelphia, the City of Philadelphia, and behavioral health provider Merakey.
Join our panel of experts to:
- Describe how Philadelphia is responding to the opioid epidemic
- Explore how COVID-19 has affected substance use disorder and opioid use disorder
- Discuss the current approaches for getting into treatment
- Examine what treatment looks like in Philadelphia
- Explore new and emerging research that describes the changing demographics of Substance Use Disorder