Kinesiology studies physical activity and human movement, and explores their impact on health, society, and quality of life. Students examine movement from the neuromechanical, physiological, psychological, and sociological perspectives.
- Five research laboratories whose discoveries revolutionize our understanding of the field, along with developing practical applications to restore and promote physical well-being.
- A recent $58 million renovation of Kinesiology research and classroom facilities.
- More than 30 years in the field of Exercise and Sport Science.
- Accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education; the National Council on Accreditation of Teacher Education, and the Pennsylvania Department of Education
Careers in Kinesiology include:
- Physical Education Teachers
- Curriculum Developers
- Athletic Trainers
- Exercise Physiologists
- Sport Psychologists