3+3 Accelerated Admission Option
The Temple University 3+3 Accelerated Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) Admission Option program provides outstanding students admission to the Temple University DPT program prior to the completion of an undergraduate degree.
Who is eligible? High school seniors or current freshman at Temple are eligible for the Accelerated Program.
Benefits of the accelerated program:
- Successful students will be able to apply to the DPT program 1 year earlier (between their sophomore and junior years) which saves an entire year of tuition
- Earn two degrees over 6 years (baccalaureate and DPT degree)
- Begin earning a solid salary one year earlier
What is the first step to getting into the 3+3 Accelerated Option?
- Apply to Temple University through the Office of Undergraduate Admissions
- After accepted to Temple University, apply to the 3+3 Accelerated Option
- If you have been already accepted into Temple University and are a current freshman, apply to the 3+3 Accelerated Option
What undergraduate major should I pick?
- Most commonly 3+3 students select an undergraduate major such as Kinesiology, Exercise and Sport Science, or Biology.
- Please discuss these options with your undergraduate major advisors and the advisors within the Office of Pre-Professional Health Studies Office
What is required while in the 3+3 accelerated option?
- Once in the program the student will need to maintain certain GPA requirements as well other items that will assist the student when applying to the DPT program.
- Students will also need to plan to take the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) prior to applying to the professional DPT program
How is the baccalaureate degree obtained? The 4th year of the program doubles as the first year of the professional DPT program. So successful students will graduate with their undergraduate baccalaureate degree after the 4th year and then their Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) degree after the 6th.
Is admission to the DPT program guaranteed? No, all 3+3 early admission applicants will need to apply to the DPT program. However, successful 3+3 candidates typically are very well prepared (both professionally and academically) which puts them in prime position for acceptance.
Can I transfer to Temple and start the 3+3 accelerated option? Unfortunately, secondary to the rigor of this option, it is only open to high school seniors and incoming Temple freshman.
Additional Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)