Over the last 50 years, Temple’s Occupational Therapy program has cultivated a legacy of contributions to the world through innovative education, research and practice. We want to ensure that our next 50 years are just as fruitful. That’s why we ask you to join us. Individual giving builds the foundation for our future, and we invite you to contribute to the following funds as a testament to your belief in our program’s importance. Scroll down for information about giving opportunities, and for instructions on how to make your gift to Temple OT.
Department of Occupational Therapy Fund (Fund ID: D1049)
Your gift to the Temple Occupational Therapy Fund provides essential support for Temple OT’s education, research and practice initiatives.
- $25 - helps to pay for student poster printing for the annual Academic Festival and for those students presenting at POTA or AOTA conference
- $50 - helps to purchase kitchen items for the new Activities of Daily Living (ADL) Suite
- $100 - helps to preserve and archive Temple and Pennsylvania OT historical artifacts for future education and research. For example, an original edition of William Dunton's Prescribing Occupational Therapy textbook (1928); early editions of Willard and Spackman; craft tools such as potting wheels and leather craft from Temple's early OT years; brochures from the Philadelphia School of Occupational Therapy
- $200 - helps to purchase assistive technology tools such as switches and touchpads
- $300 - helps to purchase wheelchairs and ADL equipment such as shower chairs & commodes
- $500 - provides registration and travel support to graduate students who are presenting at the AOTA conference
- $1000 - supports international experiences in Guatemala, Japan, and Korea for Temple OT students and faculty
Helen Hopkins Endowed Scholarship Fund in Occupational Therapy (Fund ID: S4128)
To provide scholarships for full-time graduate students with financial need and academic merit who are enrolled in the College of Public Health's Occupational Therapy doctoral program.
Jill Brandis Memorial Scholarship Fund (Fund ID: S3496)
To provide a scholarship to entry level graduate Occupational Therapy students who demonstrate those qualities identified with Jill Brandis, including peer support, honesty, spiritual strength, optimism, energy, academic excellence and magnanimity.
How to make your gift
1. Identify the Occupational Therapy fund(s) you would like to support. Note the fund identification number.
2. Click here to visit the College of Public Health's secure online donation page (a new window will open).
3. Enter your gift amount in the first box.
4. In the designations section, scroll down to the "Other" row and enter the same amount that you entered above. The percentage section should automatically display "100%."
5. Directly below the designations section is a line that says "Other (if you could not find your designation listed)." In this box, enter the fund ID number for the occupational therapy fund that you are supporting.
6. Click the "Next" button at the bottom to proceed with your gift payment.
Note: If you would like to support multiple Occupational Therapy funds, please make separate donations for each fund.