- D.Ed., Adult Education & Health Psychology, Penn State University
- MSW, Columbia University School of Social Work, New York, NY
- B.A. Sociology & English, Douglass College, Rutgers University, New Brunswick, NJ
- Certificate, Teaching in Higher Education, Temple University Provost's Academy
- Certificate, Advanced Clinical Supervision, Smith College
- Certificate, Family Studies, Smith College School of Social Work
- Certificate, Hearing Loss Support Specialist, Hearing Loss Association of America
- Clinical Supervision
- Adult Health Education & Health Psychology
- Skills-set crossover of social workers in non-traditional positions
- Nexus of Social Work and Environmentalism
Claudia Dewane, is an Assistant Chair and Associate Professor in the College of Health Professions and Social Work, Temple University. She received a Doctorate in Adult Education & Health Psychology from Penn State University, and a Masters in Social Work from Columbia University. She is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker, maintains Board Certified Diplomate status in Clinical Social Work, and has a Certificate in Advanced Clinical Supervision.
She is founder of Clinical Support Associates, providing supervision, consultation and training to professional social workers. She has presented numerous workshops on clinical, supervisory, and ethical issues in social work. She worked for the Department of Veterans Affairs for several years in clinical, supervisory, and policy capacities.Her clinical work has been primarily with PTSD and military sexual trauma. She currently provides counseling to military families through Temple’s Family Center.