Program Director, MSW Online
Assistant Professor of Instruction
Ritter Annex 599
1301 Cecil B. Moore Ave.
Philadelphia, PA 19122
- PhD, Social Work, The Ohio State University
- MSSW, Columbia University
- BA, Psychology, Rutgers University
- AA, Liberal Arts, Rowan College at Burlington County
Ashley E. Stewart, PhD, joined the faculty of Temple University’s School of Social Work as assistant professor and online program coordinator in July 2019. As an educator, she promotes self-awareness, advocacy skills, and practice skills through the lens of decolonization and anti-oppression. As a social work researcher, she is passionate about the translational aspect of research, for policy, advocacy and social change. Her main research interests are in accountability measures for reducing mental and physical health disparities resulting from institutionalized forms of racism and identity-based structural oppression. Dr. Stewart also conducts research on developing best-practices for web-based support spaces for minoritized communities.
- Race-based traumatic stress and institutional racism
- Systemic identity-based forms of oppression
- Social justice
- Web-based community development
- Translational research