Individuals, who have earned a BSW within the last five years from a CSWE accredited program, have an exemplary undergraduate record and solid work/volunteer/internship experience may apply for Advanced Standing admissions.
Advanced standing status may be awarded to applicants currently enrolled in a BSW program, pending receipt of the final college transcript reflecting all of the following criteria.
- Overall undergraduate and junior-senior year grade point averages must be at least 3.25.
- No more than 1 “C” in undergraduate social work courses; all other social work grades must be “B” or better.
- Three (3) professional references that attest to the applicant’s academic performance, social work related experience, personal qualifications, ability to engage in graduate level education, and commitment to the social work profession.
- Applicant’s personal statement that illustrates the aforementioned qualities.
- A current professional resume.
In order to assess the applicant’s suitability for Advanced Standing, applicants are REQUIRED to submit the following ADDITIONAL documents:
- A full description of your undergraduate field practicum experiences including the agencies’ names and addresses, the types of assignments, types and numbers of clients or client populations you served (in a micro, mezzo, or macro capacity), and social work models or approaches you used. Your essay should be typed, double-spaced, 4-6 pages in length, and in APA (6th ed.) format.
- A copy of your field instructor’s evaluation form from the undergraduate placement. [If you are currently in field placement during the current spring semester, an interim evaluation should be submitted.]
- One of the three required reference letters must be from the BSW Program Director, (Senior) Practice Seminar Course Instructor, Field Instructor, or Field Coordinator indicating your readiness for advanced graduate social work education and practice.