Job Opening: Entry-Level Senior Center Counselor
Lutheran Settlement House Main office 1340 Frankford Ave, Phila PA 19125
Lutheran Settlement House (LSH) is a non-profit community-based social service organization that serves over 14,000 women, men, and children each year through four program areas: Adult Education and Employment, Domestic Violence, Senior Services and Homeless Services.
- Provide counseling, information and referral services that promote independence, self-sufficiency, education and emotional well-being of seniors
- Assist in development and facilitation of therapeutic and recreational activities
- Assist Senior Center Director in recruiting seniors
- Assist seniors in completing energy assistance, Social Security, PACE, tax and rent rebates and other forms
- Perform follow-ups on all referrals to determine effectiveness of service and makes additional referrals when needed, acting in a linkage / advocacy capacity.
- Support senior involvements in advocacy issues that are most critical to their quality of life.
- Assist with preparing monthly Senior Center newsletter.
- Coordinate senior center programs in absence of Senior Center Activity Coordinator and /or Director.
- Attend appropriate meetings, as required or requested, including unit and staff meetings.
- Actively attend PCA trainings related to job duties, as well as outside conferences and seminars.
Bachelor’s degree in social work or related field and sufficient experience to perform the necessary counseling and recruitment functions required by the LSH Senior Center. Demonstrated abilities in organization and interpersonal skills required. Sensitivity to the needs of low-income older adults required.
For immediate consideration send your resume and cover letter to David Waterstram, firstname.lastname@example.org