About the program
This program is for currently licensed occupational therapists who hold a Bachelor's Degree in Occupational Therapy or an entry-level Certificate in OT without a Master's degree. If you’re a certified occupational therapist with a master’s degree, learn more here. If you hold a bachelor’s degree and are interested in entering the profession of Occupational Therapy, click here to learn more about our Master’s degree.
The post-professional certificate in occupational therapy is offered in a distance education format. There are no on campus sessions in Philadelphia for this program. The certificate is an 8-credit, 4-course program that is completed in one year. In 2016, Temple University’s Occupational Therapy program was ranked 32nd by the US News and World Report. Applicants for the certificate program must be certified and licensed occupational therapists. Successful completion of the post-professional certificate in OT makes you eligible for application to the Clinical Doctorate in OT program. It does not guarantee admission into the Clinical Doctorate in OT program.
For all questions about admissions requirements, please email us at email@example.com.
- Applying for this certificate program: July 1
- All college level transcripts: Required
- OT license: A copy of a current valid OT state license
- References: None
- Resume: Required
- Materials should be sent to:
Temple OT Certificate Admissions
Attn: Keisha Hankins
3307 N. Broad St., Jones Hall 401
Philadelphia, PA 19122
- OTHR 5002 Theoretical Perspectives in Occupation 2 credits (Summer, 1st year)
- OTHR 5019 Theoretical Perspectives in Occupational Therapy 2 credits (Fall, 1st year)
- OTHR 5301 Professional Development and Learning in OT Education 1 credit (Spring, 1st year)
- OTHR 5219 OT Practice: Community and Social Participation 3 credits (Summer, 2nd year)
Accreditation: Temple University is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, which is an institutional accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.