- DPT, University of Colorado and Health Sciences Center
- BA, English (Biology minor), University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- American Physical Therapy Association board certified Neurologic Clinical Specialist
Rebecca Vernon is an assistant professor in the Department of Physical Therapy. She earned her doctor of physical therapy degree from the University of Colorado and Health Sciences Center. Rebecca brings a dedication to clinical education, which stems from her expertise as a practicing physical therapist in the acute hospital and acute in-patient rehabilitation settings. Rebecca earned her neurologic clinical specialist certification through the American Board of Physical Therapy Specialties. Her clinical practice focuses on rehabilitation of individuals with stroke and traumatic and non-traumatic spinal cord injury. Rebecca is currently pursuing research opportunities to identify predictive factors of functional outcomes for individuals recovering from hemorrhagic stroke. She also advocates for accessibility to healthcare at the local and state levels and volunteers as a supervisor for current physical therapy students at a local pro bono clinic.
- Functional outcomes of stroke based upon stroke etiology
- Respiratory management and respiratory muscle training in individuals with central nervous system impairment