The DPT program has been recently re-designed to provide a stellar learning experience at a lower cost. The program moved to Temple's Main Campus in the fall of 2017, with a new, state-of-the-art instructional space. Additionally, the program is now 117 credits, reducing tuition costs by over $10,000.
Applying to this program
- Deadline: November 1
Two step process
- Physical Therapy Centralized Application (PTCAS): Required; it is recommended that for have PTCAS completed by early October so that your application can be fully verified by PTCAS. It needs to be verified prior to review
- Temple University Supplemental Application: Required (no need to fill out essays)
- GPA: Minimum 3.0 cumulative
- GRE: Required (submitted to PTCAS using code 7581)
- College Level Transcripts: Required (submitted to PTCAS)
- References: Two required; one professional (from a physical therapist) and one academic (from a professor)
- Interview: Required for selected applicants
- Additional Information: Recommended that an applicant have observation/volunteer hours in a variety of physical therapy settings. Additionally, it is recommended that an applicant seek out service and leadership opportunities.
- Early Decision: Early decision applicants are accepted. Please contact the program for specific advising on this option.
- Complete information on pre-requisites can be found here.
- Online courses: Non-science pre-requisites (statistics, behavioral science, and psychology) may be completed online. For science prerequisites the lecture portions (chemistry, anatomy, physiology, biology, physics) may be taken online but the laboratory component must be taken in a traditional laboratory setting.
- Pre-requisites need to be taken at an accredited university or college: Trade school courses are not acceptable. Courses taken at accredited community colleges are acceptable.
- Temple University 3+3 Accelerated Option Applicants: If you are an incoming freshman and interested in applying for the Temple University 3+3 Accelerated Option, read more here.
- International applicants: For information on how to apply as an international student, read more here.
- View FAQ here.
- View suggested timeline for applying here.