To be a leading force in community-engaged, collaborative efforts to achieve health equity and a quality life for all.
To advance health for all, everywhere by preparing a diverse nursing workforce who excel in leadership, practice, research and scholarship.
We aspire to provide excellence in academic programming that is responsive to the health needs of individuals and populations, within the context of community, defined as a social and physical environment where living occurs. We are committed to the highest level of caregiving that is prevention-oriented and evidence-based and provided in collaboration with the community and other professionals and disciplines. We strive to create a supportive and inclusive learning environment where faculty and students ask and answer important questions that inform practice, advance health, and improve access to equitable, quality health care for all, everywhere.
- We offer an 8-semester, 4-year BSN program, with freshmen admission.
- Our post baccalaureate DNP program is one of the few offered in the area.
- Clinical affiliations are with some of the best health-care facilities in Philadelphia.
- An innovative 5-semester ‘community home’ rotation with a population-based, service-learning focus.
- Recognized for our high NCLEX pass rate
- Affordable college education in a location convenient to mass transportation.
- Personal attention from highly qualified faculty.
- Student body that celebrates diversity and the free interchange of ideas.
- Commitment to underserved communities.
Our experienced and talented faculty share their expertise with students in a variety of specialty areas providing valuable lessons and direct care opportunities in community and public health nursing, maternal-child nursing, acute care nursing, critical care nursing, pediatrics, geriatrics, psychiatric/mental health and health informatics.
The Department of Nursing baccalaureate program is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education through 2022. The Doctor of Nursing Practice is accredited through 2027.