The past year has challenged us like few others in recent memory. In the face of proliferating threats to our collective well-being—from the opioid and obesity epidemics to unprecedented natural disasters—many of the most innovative solutions are emerging from our institutions of public health research and education.
Our digital Year In Review magazine includes top stories from across the Temple University College of Public Health in 2017:
- The opioid crisis: behavioral science, health policy and community-based nursing on the frontlines
- Snacks for children and sleep for teens: questioning conventional wisdom
- Organ donation: the conversations that save lives
- TBI meets virtual reality: new technology assesses concussion in the field
- Our school-level CEPH accreditation, new clinical education facilities and more
Temple’s College of Public Health bridges the gap between health professions and traditional public health disciplines. Our diversity allows us to address both individual and population health—and to rethink the status quo as we respond to the most complex health issues of our time.
2018 will continue to bring new challenges, but the College of Public Health will be ready. We invite you to read more now and follow us in the coming year.