The PhD in Kinesiology is 45 credits.
Applying to this program
- Deadline: Fall - November 15
- Temple University Supplemental Application: Required
- GPA: Not required
- GRE: Required; scores of 150 each are preferred on the verbal and quantitative sections. Occasionally, students with lower totals are accepted if undergraduate work and/or other life experiences suggest a high degree of probability of success in the graduate program.
- College Level Transcripts: Required
- References: Required; two, professional/academic. Applicants must submit the names of two professional references, along with an email address and telephone number at which each individual can be contacted. Typically, referees are college/university faculty or immediate work supervisor who can provide insight into the applicant's abilities and talents, as well as comment on her/his aptitude for graduate study.
- Resume/CV: Required
- Statement of Goals: Required; the statement of goals should be one to two pages should be clearly written and well thought out
- Interview: Required; an interview is scheduled at a mutually convenient time between the faculty interviewer(s) and the applicant. With rare exceptions, an on-site interview is required for the PhD program.
- Additional Information: Writing sample required; topic is flexible, but should be relevant to Kinesiology.
Bachelor's Degree in Discipline/Related Discipline: All applicants must present credentials that are the equivalent of the appropriate baccalaureate degree at Temple University.
Coursework Required for Admission Consideration for Integrative Exercise Physiology: It is preferred that applicants have completed laboratory courses in biology, chemistry, human anatomy and physiology, and physics.
- Advanced Standing: Students who enter the doctoral program with the master's degree may receive advanced standing toward the Ph.D. degree. The maximum number of advanced standing credits awarded is 30.