Applying to this program
- Fall Application Deadline: March 1
- Temple University Application: Required
- GPA: Required
- GRE/MAT: Required; scores of 150 each are preferred on the verbal and quantitative sections(GRE code 2906). Occasionally, students with lower totals are accepted if undergraduate work and/or other life experiences suggest a high degree of probability of success in the graduate program.
- TOEFL: 79 iBT or 550 PBT minimum
- College Level Transcripts: Required
- References: Required; two, professional/academic
- Resume: Required; must include the applicant's GRE scores, undergraduate GPA, and relevant clinical and research experiences.
- Statement of Goals: Required; the statement of one to two pages should be clearly written and well thought out.
- Interview: Required; the interview is scheduled at a mutually convenient time between the faculty interviewer(s) and the applicant. Master's applicants may interview by telephone or video chat if an on-campus visit is difficult to arrange.
- Bachelor's Degree in Discipline/Related Discipline: The post-professional graduate Athletic Training program at Temple University is a CAATE-accredited graduate program that is designed to accommodate both BOC-certified athletic trainers and BOC “certification eligible” athletic trainers (i.e., those who graduated from an accredited undergraduate athletic training program). All applicants must present credentials that are the equivalent of the athletic training professional/entry-level degree.
- Transfer Credit: Relevant graduate courses taken at other accredited universities may be considered for transfer credit to the student's program. The maximum number of credits a student may transfer is 6.