Assistant Professor of Instruction
Pearson Hall 243
1800 N. Broad Street
Philadelphia, PA 19122
- DAT, University of Idaho
- MS, Physical Education, Hofstra University
- BS, Athletic Training, Alfred University
Rich Patterson is an assistant professor of instruction in the Athletic Training Program, Department of Kinesiology. He completed his Doctor of Athletic Training (DAT) from the University of Idaho, MS in Physical Education from Hofstra University and a BS in Athletic Training from Alfred University. Dr. Patterson joins Temple University with almost 20 years of clinical athletic training experience and 12 years of didactic experience.
Dr. Patterson’s research focus centers around athletic training clinical practice and engaging in applied clinical outcomes in manual therapy and the application of rehabilitation interventions and modalities in clinical practice to improve the health-related quality of life for physically active individuals.
- Applied outcomes based research
- Manual therapeutic interventions
- Ensuring appropriate, efficient and effective patient care
- Emerging medical conditions