- Doctor of Education, New York University
- MS, East Stroudsburg State College
- BS, East Stroudsburg State College
Michael R. Sitler, EdD, ATC, FNATA, is a professor in the Department of Kinesiology and has been in the professoriate for more than 40 years, the last 30 of which have been at Temple University. His administrative leadership roles at Temple University include Chair of the Department of Kinesiology; Interim Dean of the College of Health Professions and Social Work; and Deputy Provost for Operations. He is currently the Interim Department Chair of the Department of Kinesiology.
His professional leadership service includes serving on the NATA Research and Education Foundation’s Board of Directors and as its 4th president. He is an editorial board member on the Journal of Athletic Training and Journal of Sport Rehabilitation.
Major awards and recognition of his research and professional service include: Phi Kappa Phi Recognition Award for Scholarly Achievement (1987), American Academy of Orthopaedic Society O’Donoghue Award for Outstanding Research (1989), Henry Albert Scientific Presentation Award (1993), Lindback Foundation Award for Distinguished Teaching (1997), East Stroudsburg University Alumnus Achievement Award (1997), Pennsylvania Athletic Trainers’ Society Distinguished Merit Award (2004) and Hall of Fame (2008), NATA Most Distinguished Athletic Trainer Award (2008) and Fellow (2009), and NATA Research and Education Foundation Lifetime Contribution Award (2009). To date, he has published 67 articles in peer-reviewed journals.
- Evidence-based practice in athletic training and sports medicine with a particular focus on interventions to reduce unintentional injuries and post-treatment outcomes
- Evaluation of clinical evidence through systematic reviews
- Biochemical and clinical aspects of osteoarthritis