The Department of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences is committed to research and scholarship activities. Such experiences benefit students' clinical practice and often influence students' interest in pursuing research as an academic career. The department has a number of research labs that provide competitive, voluntary research experience beyond course work.
- Athletic Training Division Laboratory
- Accessibility in medical devices and rehabilitation robotics interventions
- Arts accessibility and inclusion (contact Roger Ideishi)
- Community participation for individuals with autism spectrum disorders (contact Beth Pfeiffer)
- Cultural and linguistic diversity among families of children with autism (contact Roger Ideishi)
- Guatemala service trip opportunity for current DPT students, faculty and alumni
Every year, DPT students, faculty and alumni travel to Zacapa, Guatemala to provide physical therapy services to local citizens through an organization called Hearts in Motion. If you are interested in joining this international service opportunity, email Carole Tucker at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- RT Wise Owls Research Lab (contact Heather Porter)
- Temple University Collaborative on Community Inclusion of Individuals with Psychiatric Disabilities (www.tucollaborative.org; contact Gretchen Snethen or Mark Salzer)