The Epidemiology MPH is offered on Main Campus (Philadelphia). All MPH applicants (for all five programs) must apply through the SOPHAS Common Application and submit a supplemental application to Temple University.
Deadline for Spring 2018 Admission: November 1, 2017
Deadline for Fall 2018 Admission: March 1, 2018
You are encouraged to apply early and have all required documents, including recommendations and transcripts from all schools attended, submitted as early as possible.
The MPH graduate program (45 credits, all five programs) is calculated on a per credit basis. Please visit the Bursar's Office website for more information about tuition.
Here is a checklist of the materials you will need to submit for consideration. Applications will not be reviewed until all components have been received:
SOPHAS Application: All transcripts and supporting documents are to be submitted to SOPHAS.
Supplemental Application. The online application fee is $60. Click here to begin your application now! This application is required for all applicants regardless of application term, please be sure to select the correct term when completing the application.
Temple University College of Public Health offers a Supplemental Application waiver for all students who complete an application through SOPHAS by February 1, 2018. In order to receive the application fee waiver. Please review the following steps:
- Complete SOPHAS application.
- Fill out Temple University Supplemental Application - STOP when prompted for payment. Do not enter any payment information. (If you enter payment and submit the application we will not be able to refund the application fee.)
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org for your Temple Supplemental Application to be processed. Confirmation will be given within 2 business days.
- Temple University College of Public Health offers a Supplemental Application waiver for all students who complete an application through SOPHAS by February 1, 2018. In order to receive the application fee waiver. Please review the following steps:
- Three Letters of Reference. Letters of recommendation should be obtained from college/university faculty members familiar with academic competence. If the applicant has been out of school for a long time, please make sure letters are from professional colleagues and that they address academic abilities, such as writing and research.
- Official transcripts. Official transcripts are required from all attended undergraduate and graduate (if applicable) institutions. A 3.0 or higher from an accredited undergraduate institution is desired. There are no prerequisites to apply to the MPH program at Temple University, however, strong grades in mathematics and/or statistics, social sciences, and writing are preferred.
Statement of Goals. The Statement of Goals should be approximately 500-1000 words. Please be sure to specifically answer and address the following items:
- What are your interests in public health and why are you planning to pursue an MPH?
- What are your future career goals and what have you done either academically or professionally to guide your interest in public health?
- What MPH concentration are you applying to and why?
- Are there any exceptional circumstances related to previous academic performance that you would like the admissions committee to know about?
Standardized Test Scores.
- GRE: The MPH in Epidemiology does not require official GRE scores provided applicants have taken an undergraduate statistics course in which a B+ or better was received; an undergraduate math course GPA of at least 3.50; and an undergraduate cumulative GPA of at least 3.25. Applicants will be reviewed on a case by case basis and may be required to submit GRE scores if they have not met these minimum requirements.
- TOEFL: International students are required to take the TOEFL to demonstrate English language proficiency. To be considered, you must receive a minimum score of 550 paper- based; 213 computer-based; or 79 internet-based. (NOTE: To have your scores sent to Temple University please use the code: 5688 SOPHAS in Massachusetts)
- Resume. A resume or curriculum vitae is required. Applicants should check their application status on the SOPHAS portal often and inquiries regarding receipt of materials should be directed to SOPHAS.