The Graduate Certificate in Global Health prepares students to address public health issues prevalent in developing countries, including access to basic preventive care and emergency disaster relief. The certificate is recommended for Temple University students currently enrolled in an MPH, MS or PhD program who are specifically interested in global health issues or who might want to work in an international public health context. The certificate is particularly relevant for students in public health fields, as well as in nursing, medicine, social work, physical or occupational therapy, or other clinical disciplines.
This certificate must be taken along with a full graduate program at Temple University.
What distinguishes our Graduate Certificate in Global Health?
- Open international career prospects. Gain global health experience in your area of expertise and strengthen your ability to work in an international setting.
- Real-world experience on a global scale. International fieldwork or study abroad experience can serve as an elective, helping you to find professional placements in global or international health.
- Learn from our renowned faculty. Our faculty are experts in population health, health policy analysis, epidemiology, health communication, disease prevention, substance abuse, environmental health and more.
Courses in this 12-credit program include:
- A core course, The Fundamentals of Public Health
- One of two global health core courses, which are seminars in international or global health
- Two elective courses. You will have a broad range of electives to choose from, including courses in environmental health, health policy, nursing and social work. One elective can be an international fieldwork or study abroad experience.
Students must be accepted into a graduate degree program at the College of Public Health before beginning the Global Health certificate. There is no separate application process for the certificate program. For more information on application requirements for graduate study at Temple, visit temple.edu/grad.
Questions? Contact us:
Senior Graduate Advisor