Research Assistant Professor in Epidemiology and Biostatistics
- Ph.D in Biostatistics, Indiana University
- MS in Biostatistics, University of Michigan - Ann Arbor
- BS in Computational Mathematics and Applied Software, Beijing University of Technology
- Statistical methodological research has been focused on development of research tools for the derivation of useful medical indices, semiparametric regression, penalized likelihood, longitudinal data analysis, and statistical computation
- Collaborative research is interested in all kinds of biomedical science studies, including provide solid statistical consultation with data analysis, all phases of grant development from inception to grant submission, to close-out reports
Jingwei Wu is an assistant professor in the Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics at Temple University. He earned his bachelor degree in applied mathematics from Beijing University of Technology in 1996, master degree in biostatistics from University of Michigan in 2000, and Ph.D. in biostatistics from Indiana University in 2015.
Before joining Temple, he served as primary biostatistician and statistical consultant at Indiana University School of Medicine since 2001, worked on investigations in multiple biomedical areas, including hypertension, pain/depression/anxiety, sexually transmitted infections, medication compliance, health-related quality of life outcomes, cancer surveillance, and clinical trials. He also served as senior biostatistician in Hoosiers Oncology Group, to evaluate innovative and promising drugs, methods and approaches to cancer treatment through, among other things, clinical research. Besides that, he provided statistical support for faculties in the development and conduct of research and scholarly activities that advance medical science through expansion of internal/external funding.