Temple University is no longer accepting students into the MPH in Environmental Health program.
You must have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution to be considered for admission. A minimum cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.0 is required. There are no prerequisites to apply to the MPH program at Temple University, but strong grades in mathematics and/or statistics, social sciences and writing are preferred.
- Application: Students must apply through the SOPHAS Centralized Application Service. The documents listed below will all be submitted through SOPHAS.
- Recommendations: Submit three letters of recommendation from college or university professors who can speak to your academic abilities. If you’ve been out of school for more than five years, submit letters from professional colleagues who can discuss your relevant academic skills including critical thinking, research and writing.
- Goals Statement: Write a 500- to 1,000-word statement of purpose that articulates your interests in public health and this program in particular. Craft your statement to specifically address the following questions:
- Why are you pursuing this MPH program and what are your particular areas of interest in public health?
- How does the MPH program within Temple's Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics best fit your public health interests?
- What are your career goals and how will this degree help you to achieve these goals?
- What are your plans in the first few years after graduation?
- Official transcripts: Submit official transcripts from all the undergraduate and graduate institutions you’ve attended. Please mail all of your official transcripts to:
- SOPHAS Transcript Processing Center
- PO Box 9111
- Watertown, MA 02471
- A current résumé or CV is required.
- Official GRE score. Official scores should be sent directly to SOPHAS using code 0151. Official GRE scores will be waived for applicants who have:
- a B or better in an undergraduate statistics or advanced mathematics course and
- an undergraduate cumulative GPA of at least 3.25.
Check on your application status and the receipt of your materials through the SOPHAS portal.
Additional Requirements for International Students
- TOEFL: For applicants whose native language is not English, the TOEFL is required with a minimum score of 79 on the iBT. These scores should be sent officially to SOPHAS using the SOPHAS-specific TOEFL code of: 5688.
- A WES Evaluation (www.wes.org) is required for applicants who completed their degree outside of the United States. This can be requested and submitted through SOPHAS.
Spring Admission: Nov. 1
Fall Admission: March 1