Through various community service and giving events throughout the year, the Office of Community Engaged Research and Practice partners with College of Public Health faculty, staff, students and alumni to recognize, appreciate and serve our neighbors surrounding Main Campus and communities across Philadelphia.
During these events, representatives from programs across the college work together with community partners and local health-, faith- and community-based organizations to make a meaningful impact with local communities and organizations. Past events include neighborhood, faith and community organization clean-ups; food, book and toy drives; and winter clothing drives.
- Supporting families in need for the holidays: CPH will help nine families during the 2022 holiday season. The Dean's Office and each academic department are sponsoring one family by purchasing gifts and other essential items.
- Holiday toy and book drive: In December, CPH is collecting toys and books for Philadelphia's youth; collection boxes are placed in CPH buildings for donations.
- 2022: In partnership with LiveToServePA, a food drive contributed to Thanksgiving baskets—packaged by CPH students—for 100 North Philadelphia families.
- 2021: A clothing drive for St. Francis Inn and a toy and book drive for local children in partnership with the School District of Philadelphia yielded over 200 donations.
- 2020: A winter clothing drive collected more than 80 articles of clothing for Bethel Presbyterian Church’s community closet.
As we continue to grow our community service and giving efforts, we welcome faculty, staff, student and alumni involvement! For more information or to submit requests from community organizations, please contact: