All CPH alumni are lifetime, dues-free members of the alumni association. The college’s alumni board invites all CPH graduates to deepen their alumni experience by participating in the association at the Diamond Level, which includes special offers and invitations, among other benefits.
Benefits of CPHAA General Membership
- A Temple alumni card, which allows building entry and access to the library and recreation services (book withdrawal and gym membership do require additional fees)
- Access to TempleUConnect, Temple’s online gateway for mentorship, job opportunities and networking
- Discounted rates on auto, home and renter’s insurance through Liberty Mutual
- Exclusive insurance programs, including healthcare coverage, through Meyer & Associates
- Special alumni merchandise including university apparel at the Temple Bookstore. Use promo code IAC25 (case sensitive) online or your alumni card to receive 25% off an emblematic item
- For those living in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware and Maryland, the opportunity to purchase a Temple license plate
- Discounted hotel rates in the Philadelphia area by booking at www.campustravel.com/university/temple/visit_temple.html
- Cash back on your electricity usage through Energy Plus
- The Temple University BankAmericard Cash Rewards™ Visa Signature® credit card that lets you earn more cash back for the things you buy most, all while helping support Temple initiatives++
- Reduced rates for on-demand car sharing through ZipCar
- Hundreds of Temple University Press titles that are discounted 30 percent for Temple alumni by using the promotion code “TUALUM” at checkout online or by calling 1 (800) 621-2736
- Exclusive discounts from Ticket Monster on sports events, concerts, theme parks and movie tickets nationwide
Diamond Level Participation
In addition to all the benefits of a CPHAA general membership, participants in the CPHAA giving society are eligible to receive the following:
- A CPHAA/CPH-branded item upon registration and renewal
- Complimentary entry to the CPH alumni tailgate party at Homecoming
- Invitation to Dean's Alumni Reception
- Print copy of the Year in Review, CPH's annual publication highlighting the work and research happening around the college
- Complimentary entry to select CPH Alumni Weekend events at the 5-year Diamond level*
*A portion of this may include taxable benefits.
With your gift to the College of Public Health Alumni Engagement Fund, you may be recognized as part of the CPHAA giving society at the following levels:
|Duration of recognition||1 Year||3 Year||5 Year|
|Diamond Level: University Faculty/Staff||$49||$147||$245|
|Diamond Level: Senior (65+)||$49||$147||$245|
|Diamond Level: Current Student/Recent Graduate*||$25||$75||$125|
*within five years of graduation
CPHAA board members will:
- Be informed about CPH’s mission, policies and programs as they relate to the activities of the alumni association.
- Inform and advocate for both CPH and Temple University.
- Hold an active, Diamond membership of the CPHAA.
- Be a productive member of the CPHAA and its committee meetings by preparing beforehand, asking questions, taking responsibility for assignments, working collaboratively, contributing personal and financial resources, and opening doors in the community. The CPHAA will meet quarterly. Members are expected to:
- Attend at least three of the four quarterly meetings
- Review agenda and supporting materials prior to meetings
- Serve on sub-committees or task forces and offer to take on special assignments
- Assist the CPHAA in carrying out its fiduciary responsibilities, such as reviewing the association’s financial statements
- Promote relationships and foster a sense of camaraderie among all CPH alumni
- Be respectful, honest, open-minded and tolerant of differing views and ideas in line with the association’s mission
- Participate in a minimum of one CPH alumni event annually
- Be willing to develop and utilize certain skills that you may not possess, such as in cultivating and soliciting funds, cultivating and recruiting members and other volunteers, reading and understanding financial statements, etc.
- Nominate alumni who can make significant contributions to the work of the board.
If you are interested or have questions, call 215-204-6271 or email email@example.com.