This program is for currently licensed occupational therapists who hold a bachelor's degree in occupational therapy or an entry-level certificate in occupational therapy without a master's degree.
The post-professional certificate in occupational therapy is offered in a distance education format. There are no on-campus sessions in Philadelphia for this program. The certificate is an 8-credit, 4-course program that is completed in one year. Applicants for the certificate program must be certified and licensed occupational therapists. Successful completion of the post-professional certificate in OT makes you eligible for application to the clinical doctorate in occupational therapy program, but it does not guarantee admission.
Before applying to this program, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your interest in this program and your career goals. After this conversation, you should follow these steps to apply:
- Visit noncredit.temple.edu. Under the "Certificates" tab, search for the Post-Professional Certificate in Occupational Therapy.
- Upon checkout, you will be required to upload a current resume, all transcripts and a copy of your current occupational therapy license.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
- OTHR 5002: Theoretical Perspectives in Occupation—2 credits (Summer, 1st year)
- OTHR 5019: Theoretical Perspectives in Occupational Therapy—2 credits (Fall, 1st year)
- OTHR 5301: Professional Development and Learning in OT Education—1 credit (Spring, 1st year)
- OTHR 5219: OT Practice: Community and Social Participation—3 credits (Summer, 2nd year)