Time and again, scholars and government programs place Temple University’s Department of Public Health at the forefront of research and education. We prepare graduates for exciting career paths as policy makers and trailblazing researchers.
Dynamic Partnerships Regionally and Globally
Our programs foster collaboration among researchers, educators, community practitioners, and private sector leaders, enabling our graduates to make a real difference in the health and well-being of individuals, their communities, and the world. Many of our partnerships team students with other world leaders in the region, country and globe.
- Our expert faculty and research centers pursue one mission: to eliminate global health disparities and increase the quality and years of healthy life through exceptional academic programs and research initiatives
- We have been recognized as a national model for Public Health Programs by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. (See sidebar for more information.)
- Our Bachelor of Science degree in Public Health is only one of 12 CEPH accredited programs across the country
- Our undergraduate enrollment has increased 300% over the last 10 years
- We are accredited by the Council on Education for Public Health (CEPH)
- We have global health training and research programs in Africa, Latin America, and Asia. In addition, students also have international study opportunities at Temple's campuses in China, Japan, Rome, and London
- Our dual degree program lets students pursue their Master of Public Health (M.P.H.) while completing a M.D., D.O., D.M.D., D.P.M., or M.S.W. degree at Temple and other area institutions, with four concentrations: Social and Behavioral Sciences (SBS), Environmental Health (EH), Epidemiology & Biostatistics (EBS), and Global Health (GH)
Laboratories and Research Centers
Our nine laboratories and research centers are led by top-level professionals whose work is having a significant impact on public health issues across the globe. In addition, collaborative partnerships at our Centers contribute to meeting local, state, national and global public health needs through conducting research, training a diverse workforce, and promoting excellence in practice.
- Center For Obesity Research and Education (CORE)
- Center for Asian Health (CAH)
- Center for Preparedness Research, Education, and Practice (C-PREP)
- Ergonomics and Work Physiology Lab (EWP)
- Health Behavior Research Clinic (HBRC)
- Maternal and Child Health Wellness Lab (MCH Well)
- Risk Communication Laboratory (RCL)
- Social & Behavioral Health Intervention Lab (SBHI)
- The Biostatistics Research Support Center (BRSC)